For more than 35 years the Chinchilla Family Support Centre (CFS) has provided vital services to the community of Chinchilla. From inception, we have relied on donations and contributions to deliver our vital work in the community. By donating to CFS, you are helping support local people who are doing it tough. Your gift can give them access to our life-changing programs and services. We appreciate your support in helping us give everybody the chance to be healthier, happier and better connected to their community.
How it works
Almost every program and service delivered by CFS requires additional funds to support service delivery to local people. Donations are an important contribution to allow CFS to deliver these services. You can donate to CFS in a few simple steps – either online or offline.
How much would you like to donate?
Every donation is needed and greatly appreciated. A small donation can make the world of difference to someone.
Sometimes it is difficult to know how much to donate, below are a few popular donation amounts to consider:
- $5.00: A nourishing bowl of soup
- $10.00: Meals for a day
- $20.00: Transport for one client to access essential public dental services (many of our clients have been waiting for up to seven years to see a dentist, and have said "Without this transport service, I might have had to wait another seven years.")
- $30.00: One hour of information, referral and immediate assistance for someone in crisis. This vital service allows us to help such a variety of clients (clients who have accessed this service already lost their home to flood or fire; leaving a situation of domestic violence; family relationship breakdown resulting in homelessness; underage pregnancy; dependency issues; financial distress; emotional distress; and the list is endless).
- $40.00: One week of meals for a family
- $60.00: A Streetswag and toiletries for a homeless person
- $140.00: One youth’s attendance to a Youth Insearch Camp
- $500.00: A support staff member's wages for one week
The above donation options (weekly, fortnightly, monthly, annual) will be a recurring automated debit from your Paypal account, or credit/debit card. If required, this recurring charge can be cancelled under 'Subscriptions' in your Paypal account, or contact us to cancel it for you.
If you would like to make a donation offline, the following information should be helpful:
- In-person at the Centre - please come in and see us at 67-71 Middle Street, Chinchilla (visit the contact page for opening hours and contact details).
- Post a cheque or money order - please make payable to Chinchilla Family Support Centre, and post to 67-71 Middle Street, Chinchilla QLD 4413 (please include a note with your donation and indicate how you'd like your donation to be used).
Please contact us if you'd like to make other arrangements.
Help us to respond to both emergent issues and to plan ahead for current programs and services.
Provide vital support to the most disadvantaged members of the community
Give in memory
When someone you love dies, family and friends often want to do something special to honour their memory. You can make a donation to Chinchilla Family Support Centre in memoriam.
Give a bequest
A gift in your Will to the Chinchilla Family Support Centre, no matter how big or small, will mean that more people can become healthier, happier and better connected.
Contact us if you'd like to make a specific donation.